We're Hiring a Senior Associate!
Full-time position located in Washington DC. Some travel required.
As a Senior Associate, you are a dynamic player on our growing team and are involved in everything from consulting to communications to business development. There is no typical day, so you enjoy wearing multiple hats. You are motivated to speak up, solve problems and do great work. As your skills develop, you will take on increased consulting responsibilities. You will work with colleagues internally in several locations and with clients all over the country.
Why Work with Us
AchieveMission is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit consulting firm founded in 2009. In 2018, we updated our mission and vision to more fully address the social sector’s talent and leadership challenges, reflective of the complexity and ambiguity in our society at large. Our mission is to transform the leadership and management capabilities of social sector organizations to realize deep partnership and achieve mission. We have a vision of a social sector filled with equitable organizations developing leadership at all levels. To realize this, we partner with mission-driven organizations to strengthen their practices of leading and managing, all day, every day, fully aligned with the strategic objectives that matter. We apply a race equity lens to everything we imagine and all that we offer, and we integrate an adaptive leadership framework using practical tools and approaches honed in the nonprofit and philanthropic context and informed by our team’s successful track record of social justice action and corporate leadership development.
We are still building a national team of staff and affiliate consultants with experience across leadership, talent management and race equity, and have strengthened more than 100 leading nonprofits and foundations with our customized coaching and consulting models. We continue to work toward our vision by disseminating our learning and outcomes through case studies, articles, webinars, workshops, conferences and speaking engagements.
We work with clients whose missions matter, and we are laser-focused on enabling them to be as effective and equitable as possible. We also do our own work as individuals and as a team, with a necessary blend of compassion and rigor. We support one another and collaborate on sales, design and delivery. We also give and receive feedback in a timely and actionable way, revealing blind spots and encouraging action in real time on our developmental edges. We don’t shy away from addressing our differences and learning together.
At the organizational level, we diagnose our own challenges using the same adaptive leadership and race equity lenses we apply to our clients. At our core, we are a learning organization and we continue to evolve individually and collectively in relationship with each other and our partners.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Promoting social change is complex and dynamic work. We strive to address the institutional, cultural and structural oppression that prevents the realization of a just and equitable world in our organizations and in our communities. This requires an understanding of this country’s race history and its intersections with other facets of identity, the problems organizations face in creating barriers to equity, the larger systems of oppression, and the impact of all of this on multiple stakeholders. For this reason, we actively recruit team members with lived experiences that inform this understanding and with diverse professional and personal perspectives. Read more about what we believe here.
- Work as part of a team, forging close relationships with clients and colleagues to develop and implement talent management strategies in a collaborative environment.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research, including thorough reviews of client processes and documentation, online surveys, and interviews of client leaders and staff.
- Analyze client data from surveys, interviews, focus groups, and documents to produce findings.
- Prepare compelling client materials (update existing materials, tailor content to client, research solutions and next practices, and draft new slides).
- Manage internal team and client meetings (scheduling, taking notes, tracking actions items, communicating decisions, and pursuing follow-up).
- Track project budgets, adjust team allocations and solve problems with project leader.
- Assist in developing and continuously improving the firm’s internal knowledge management and evaluation systems, data and tools, as well as external white papers and conference presentations.
Marketing and sales
- Advance relationships with current and prospective clients as a member of our marketing team.
- Find and prioritize prospective clients through research and by qualifying leads.
- Maintain Salesforce with accurate, up-to-date information and analyze it to provide insight into our pipeline and forecasted sales.
- Manage sales team meetings (schedule, take notes, track actions items, communicate decisions, and pursue follow-up).
- Coordinate client sales meetings and draft presentations/proposals to support them.
- Draft and process contracts.
- Identify opportunities to improve our revenue-generation approaches and processes.
Operations and capacity building
- Maintain accurate capacity model (formulas, PTO, hours worked, project profitability); analyze data and solve for project demands.
- Support the executive office by managing travel logistics, coordinating board meetings and staff retreats, developing thought leadership pieces, and managing special projects for example.
- Manage AchieveMission technology and apps (website, software, Google Suite, others).
- Aid efforts to produce efficient and smooth operations in finance and HR.
What We Look For
- Passion: You have a strong desire to do work that matters.
- Nimble: You manage a range of tasks and stakeholders well, and adapt as projects evolve.
- Learner: You love to learn and reflect on personal areas of strength and growth and you seek out knowledge about trends and new approaches to difficult problems.
- Excellent Communication Skills: You are a strong communicator when speaking and writing. You interact with a range of audiences clearly and sensitively.
- Independent and focused: You work with minimal day-to-day direction in a remote environment, ask for help when needed and welcome support.
- Systems-thinker: You see and seek opportunities to understand and intervene at a system level.
- Collaborative: You are willing to support and challenge the team, and enjoy working with people across lines of authority.
- Rigor: You are highly organized with unwavering attention to detail.
- Professional Experience: 5+ years, including familiarity with non-profits, philanthropies, B Corps, and/or government agencies, and customer relationship management. Salesforce expertise, consulting experience, and a keen eye for digital design are a plus.
- Education: You hold a BA or equivalent experience. MA or equivalent are welcome.
Does this Sound Like You? Apply!
Let us hear from you! We are looking to fill this role by mid-June.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds (age, race, color, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran status).
Send a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the role and AchieveMission to Patrick Garrity at firstname.lastname@example.org. Place “Senior Associate” in the subject line and attach your resume and cover letter as one PDF. Please tell us how you heard about this job!